Under the supervision and guidance of an assigned RN preceptor, or mentor, the Nurse Resident develops the basic knowledge and clinical skills necessary to function independently in a Registered Nurse position. The Nurse Resident is a recent nursing graduate with less than one year of nursing experience.
Positions may be available at any Legacy facility: Emanuel, Good Samaritan, Meridian Park, Mount Hood, Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel, Salmon Creek, Silverton*, and Unity Center for Behavioral Health.
Applicants to previous rounds of the Residency program need to submit all the required materials for each program. All materials must be re-submitted by the application deadline.
February 2022 RN Residency Program - Important Dates:
Application deadline: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 5:00 PM Pacific
Program start date: Monday, February 14, 2022
If selected to participate in the RN Residency Program you will be hired into a full time, benefited position on a specific Legacy unit.
Expect two rounds of interviews. Details regarding the first round of interviews will be sent to the qualified applicants via email, after the application deadline.
After the first round of interviews, hiring managers will contact the selected candidates for the next phase in the selection process. The second round of interviews will take place within the last two months before the program’s start date. These interviews may be held in person or remotely, and are conducted by the nursing department that is hiring.
The complete application will include the following:
References for the RN Residency program will only be requested from selected applicants who complete final interviews with hiring managers. After the final interview, we will contact you via email to request your reference information. If you are selected for a final interview, please watch for an email from Legacy Health Employment Services for instructions on how to submit your references. We do not require letters of recommendation.
An official transcript from an accredited school of nursing showing completion of your nursing program and a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA from the school where you have obtained your nursing degree, will only be requested from selected applicants who complete final interviews with hiring managers.
Program participation agreement
All candidates accepted into the RN Residency Program will be asked to sign an employment agreement stating a commitment to the Legacy Health unit of hire for a period of 24 months. This document will be provided during the onboarding process for all new hires accepted into this program.
All application materials must be submitted in the required format indicated above and must be received by the application deadline with no exceptions.
Due to the large number of applicants we are unable to provide information on the receipt or status of your application packet.
*The RN position at Legacy Silverton Medical Center falls under an agreement between the Oregon Nurses Association and Silverton Medical Center and will include union dues. For further information, please see the general ONA website: http://www.oregonrn.org/ and the Silverton Medical Center specific ONA webpage: http://www.oregonrn.org/?page=90. This website houses information about the representatives, bylaws, benefits, policies, a copy of the contract, membership application, news and updates.
1. Participates in classroom, simulation, and actual clinical learning experiences to develop professional nursing practice knowledge and skills.
2. Provides evidence-based care to patients under the direction and guidance of an assigned preceptor or expert nurse resource.
3. Receives evaluation and feedback, and direct observation by the assigned preceptors, mentors, Nurse Educator and and/or Manager.
4. Recognizes own limitations and is willing to ask for help, assistance, support or expertise as needed.
5. Demonstrates progressive proficiency and independence in performing selected clinical skills.
6. Able to synthesize data from multiple sources to effectively determine a course of action and plan of care.
7. Implements a plan of care/nursing actions based on sound scientific rationale.
8. Integrates components of the nursing process into the patient’s care experience.
9. Demonstrates organizational skill in the prioritization of care, time management and the utilization of time, human and material resources.
10. Utilizes effective communication within assigned work group and the broader the interdisciplinary team.
11. Displays flexibility, adaptability and self-reliance as a care team member.
12. Assumes responsibility for own learning needs and professional development.
As required by licensure. BSN required upon hire for all applicants.
Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA required from the school where you have or will obtain your nursing degree.
Less than one year of RN experience.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Current applicable state RN license required.
BLS Healthcare Provider required. Other specialty-specific certifications as applicable may be required after hire.